I will be posting all scholarship opportunities that come across my desk on this page. If you have any questions you can see me or you can sign out my scholarship binder at any time.
~ Mme Barrow
Outstanding School and Community Involvement Scholarship - Recognizing leadership in community and school activities.
Owen Grimes Memorial Scholarship - Recognizing leadership in athletics, community and school activities.
Awarded annually, each scholarship is valued at $3,000. Submission deadline is September 15, 2018.
Visit www.nlcu.com for more details.
CLAR SIMMONS SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarships are awarded based on standardized public examination scores for: English 3201, Math 3200 or 3201, Public exam science, World Geography 3202. A scholarship score is calculated by the province for all students graduating with an academic or honours status. It is based on the students' public exam only .
1. Application must be in writing to the CEO, on or before August 17, 2018.
2. Any child, grandchild, or ward of a municipal council member or employee in a community served by the Agency, upon graduation from the NL senior high school program may apply.
3. Any child, grandchild, or ward of an Agency employee or retiree (living or deceased), upon graduation from the NL senior high school program, may apply.
4. Application must contain the name, age, MCP #, and school of the graduate.
5. For applicants under section 2, a letter from the Mayor or Town Clerk, certifying the applicant is a child/ward of a municipal council member or municipal employee is required.
Note: Clar Simmons - a professional accountant. He worked in the public service of NL for more than 35 years. Clar was the BUsiness Manager for the Municipal Assessment Agency from 1998 until his untimely passing in 2004. A gentleman of exemplary patience and loyalty, it is in his memory we are pleased to offer this scholarship opportunity.
NL HOUSING SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2018
Graduating this year? Are you a tenant of Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation (NLHC)? If your answer is yes to both these questions, you may be eligible to apply for NLHC's Youth Scholarship Program. Six $1000 scholarships available - two in Avalon, Central and Western/Labrador Regions of the province. For an application or further information, visit the website at: www.nlhn.nl.ca , or see Mme Barrow. Application deadline is August 31, 2018.